[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Ron Carter" <wcarterjr at earthlink dot net>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Netgear FVS318 and a few killer features that we could use in M0n0wall
 Date:  Sat, 31 Mar 2007 08:20:15 -0400
I just put a netgear VPN endpoint device in for a customer.  It has a
awesome couple of features.  One of the coolest features is that it supports
VPN client connections.

You say that is not that cool.  The thing about is that you can put a
dynamic DNS name in the firewall device and in the vpn client device and
connect.  Is that not the coolest.  Another cool feature is that you can
limit the tunnel to a single IP or you can open it two a entire subnet.
When building the tunnel you have to specifiy ip a different IP for the
inbound vpn connection.  It is very cool.

I am going to document my customers configuration and will be glad to post
it after I scrub it of any information that could be used to access his vpn.

I tink that the best feature is the vpn connection with the dynamic DNS.  If
we could some how intergrate that into building the static tunnels it would
be awesome.  It would allow the tunnels to rebuild by name if they change or
the client has reboot his vpn end point and gets a new IP address.  I really
hope we can add this type of functionality to M0n0wall.

RC