[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Ron Carter" <wcarterjr at earthlink dot net>
 To:  "Michael Brown" <knightmb at knightmb dot dyndns dot org>, <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Netgear FVS318 and a few killer features that we could use in M0n0wall
 Date:  Sat, 31 Mar 2007 23:16:38 -0400
I will try to put togethor more details tomorrow.  The general jist of it,
is that the VPN client on the workstation use a DYN DNS name instead of a
IP.  You can always connect with the VPN client.  It would be very cool to
put this in the static tunnels area so that when the tunnel is created it
allows the main connecting server to look up the DNS name and get the right
IP address instead of me haveing to ping it all the time and reset my
firewall to make the connection.