[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Klaus Stock" <ks at stock dash consulting dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] how to make this to work
 Date:  Fri, 30 Mar 2007 19:53:44 +0200
> But when I ping my domain it shows my ip and
>
> ping webdbserver.mine.nu
>
> Pinging webdbserver.mine.nu [62.162.237.220] with 32 bytes of data:
>
> Request timed out.
> Request timed out.
> Request timed out.
> Request timed out.
>
> Ping statistics for 62.162.237.220:
>     Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 0, Lost = 4 (100% loss),
>
> What should I open on m0n0??
> I just use this for fun and there is only web I mean 80 and mssql 1433

If I understand you correctly, then you'll want to add this rule:

Proto Source Port Destination Port Description
ICMP  *      *    *           *    Allow PINGs

That should allow you to ping your m0n0wall from anywhere in the Internet.

Just checked it myself on my 1.23 m0n0wall. I just didn't notice any "fun"
in pinging the firewall...?

Best rgeards, Klaus

This mail sent using V-webmail - http://www.v-webmail.orgg