[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Kurt Mahan <kmahan at xmission dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  LAN rule suggestions
 Date:  Tue, 3 Apr 2007 18:06:13 -0600
I'm looking for some advice/suggestions/pointers.

Currently I'm running m0n0wall 1.23 on a WRAP 3 port board.  It works great!

The DMZ is configured according to the faq article.  All my external facing
services live in there.  No need to talk to the LAN.

The default LAN setting is working but it allows everything to exit the
firewall.  Several articles I've read suggest restricting outgoing packets
from the LAN to prevent viruses and such from contacting their mothership.
My LAN has a mix of Linux and Windows boxen.  Any suggestions/examples of
LAN rulesets?  Any popular ports used by viruses to close?

I didn't see a FAQ article covering this.

Thanks!

Kurt
--
/**
 * Kurt Mahan   kmahan at xmission dot com