[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Dan Bond" <dan dot bond at gmail dot com>
 To:  monowall <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] BLOCK IP SPAM
 Date:  Wed, 4 Apr 2007 12:22:33 +0100
On 04/04/07, Marc Janssens <marc dot janssens at hotmail dot com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a spam in one of the machine in my network.
>
> This spam is trying to reach every 4 seconds the following IP :
> 85.214.55.219
>
> I would like to know If i can block this IP in monowall ??
>
> Thanks a lot
>
> Marc

Is there any reason you don't just block all this machine's traffic
until the owner stops sending spam? Obviously if you just want to
minimise the effect it's having you can block all traffic going to
that address, but surely the bigger problem is that soon something
else will infect the computer and you'll have to start all over again.

Dan