[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  mtnbkr <waa dash m0n0wall at revpol dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: SV: [m0n0wall] BLOCK IP SPAM
 Date:  Wed, 04 Apr 2007 07:21:49 -0400
Better yet, block all outbound SMTP traffic that is not going to your
mail server or your ISP's mail server. This will mitigate this issue
now, and future issues of the same nature.

Then to FIX the problem, format that Windows machine, start with a fresh
install, patch, patch, patch, patch and do not use Outlook or IE on it -
EVER.

And finally delete the "Allow all from LAN" rule and follow the
instructions in my previous post to create a more secure network
environment.

Cheers!

--
Bill Arlofski