[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Chris Buechler" <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] M0n0wall & 4501...extra interface
 Date:  Wed, 4 Apr 2007 16:02:37 -0400
On 4/4/07, Hart, Benjamin <bhart at unifiedbrands dot net> wrote:
> All, I have a PIX 501 that I'm trying to integrate into my home network,
> I know that I can just hang it off my switch and when I need to use it's
> tunnel plug into it directly.  But what I'd like to do here is have it
> running thru the optional interface on my 4501 and (if possible) create
> some rules allowing both it to tunnel out and myself to use it's tunnel
> from work to control my pc's at home.  I kinda doubt that anyone has
> done this but if so how'd you do it?    Or does anyone have any
> suggestions?

You'll probably want a public IP on it, I presume (at least that's
what I would suggest). That means you need a second public IP from
your ISP. How to handle this will depend on how your ISP assigns
additional IP's, and what type of connection you have.

What type of connection? Are IP's static, DHCP, or...?

-Chris