[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Paul Rae <paul at impacttrainingsolutions dot co dot uk>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  IPSec Site to Site VPN
 Date:  Fri, 06 Apr 2007 15:02:05 +0100
Hi everyone,

Just a simple question (and unfortunately I think I already know the
answer)...

I have setup site to site vpn's in the past without any problems, these have
all had static ip's at the end point.

I now have a situation where I need to create a tunnel between two sites,
and they both have dynamic addresses. Can anyone give me some idea's on how
I might set this up, I believe for the IPSec tunnel to be setup you need to
specify the remote gateway IP.

Is it possible to use a hostname instead?

It might be possible for one sight to have a static address, but the second
site will always have a dynamic address.

Anyone have a work around for this?

Regards,

Paul Rae