[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Chris Buechler" <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] WRAP replacement info
 Date:  Fri, 6 Apr 2007 10:56:40 -0400
On 4/6/07, mtnbkr <waa dash m0n0wall at revpol dot com> wrote:

> Any benchmarks on what type of bandwidth/throughput this thing will be
> capable of?

Not yet, but I'm supposed to have access to a board courtesy of PC
Engines before you'll be able to buy them. I'll post a thorough review
including performance numbers after I get my hands on one.

> I ask because some of my m0n0-on-WRAP clients are moving up from DSL or
> T1 feeds to 5Mbps, 10Mbps, or faster optical Internet links and I would
> love to keep the firewall in the small form-factor that it currently is
> instead of needing to replace it with a full-size PC or mini-ATX
> board/case.

I've used a WRAP, even with pfsense and m0n0wall 1.3x, and it's fast
enough to keep up with my 15 Mb cable modem even with 3000-4000 pps of
BitTorrent traffic. I would be comfortable using one on as much as a
20 Mb connection, though I wouldn't go any higher than that. With
m0n0wall 1.2x, you'd be fine up to 30-35 Mb at least.

-Chris