[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  JP Vossen <jp at jpsdomain dot org>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Adaptec ANA-6944A/TX ???
 Date:  Fri, 30 Mar 2007 18:28:09 -0400
Can anyone *confirm* that Adaptec ANA-6944A/TX quad cards work with the
latest M0n0wall?  I had a bad experience with a ZNYX ZX346Q Quad Port
10/100 card [1] and I'm trying to avoid doing that again.

Thanks,
JP

[1] ZNYX ZX346Q Quad Port 10/100 don;'t work well on M0n0wall:

http://forum.pfsense.org/index.php?topic=2519.msg14736
Re: ZNYX ZX346Q Quad Port 10/100
Reply #6 on: December 06, 2006, 03:18:38 pm
I don't know how much of this applies to pfSense, but with m0n0wall the
included opensource driver has problems with this card, so you had to
use the one provided by ZNYX. Nics are so cheap that we just bought a
new one.

http://m0n0.ch/wall/list/showmsg.php?id=31/35
[...] ## EXACTLY what happened to me ##
The most consistent way to make the driver fail is to make modifications
to the interface settings.  I was happily running m0n0wall for a few
days without incident until I decided to setup opt1 to do something
interesting. Next thing I know, it's "No Carrier" on the interface status.
[...]
Microsoft has single-handedly nullified Moore's Law.
Innate design flaws of Windows make a personal firewall, anti-virus
and anti-malware software mandatory. The resulting software arms race
has effectively flattened Moore's Law on hardware running Windows.