[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Marco Simioni" <m dot simioni at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  How to check if Traffic Shaping rules are working correctly?
 Date:  Tue, 10 Apr 2007 12:12:39 +0200
Hi,
i used traffic shaper wizard to setup basic traffic shaping rules,
just to slow down a little the p2p systems.

I also reserved a little bandwidth space for VoIP traffic and setted
up 2 VoIP pipes (upload and download).

There is a way to know if m0n0wall is correctly identifying P2P
traffic, HTTP/SMTP/.... traffic, and the VoIP traffic? Is there
something like a LOG that i can inspect to know if m0n0wall is
managing traffic as i want?

I double checked my rules but it seems that the P2P are bypassing
these rules (i checked and the ports are correct, at least i think),
so it could be useful if i can check some sort of Log about traffic
shaping.

Thank you i.a.

aNt1X