[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Ron Carter" <wcarterjr at earthlink dot net>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Cc:  "William Carter" <Ron dot Carter at rbc dot com>
 Subject:  1.34 VPN support and other thoughts
 Date:  Tue, 10 Apr 2007 07:04:26 -0400
To VPN users:
I am wondering if anyone is having some of the same issues that I am having?
I have noticed that my VPN tunnels have been dropping quite frequently.
They are quite storborn to get back up.  Once I have them backup they may
run for serveral days or a hour or two.  I have been very busy and under the
weather and have not spent the time in the logs that I need too.  I am
running tunnels between the following hardware types:  Symantec 320,
Symantec VPN100, Netgear FV318, Linksys VPN endpoint.

The one major sticking point for me is setting up a tunnel between dynamic
endpoints.  Has anyone build dynamic tunnels with this type of client?  This
woild be a customer on the end of the Netgear FV318 and a handful of clients
running a VPN Client?  Has anyone tested any freeware VPN clients.  I can't
get the TAU client to work and I have spent 8 hours at 2 different sites
trying to get it to work.  I need to find a solution to be able to provide
support to these persons on a secure vpn connection.

After developying a FV318 at a customer site recently it has made look
closely at the use of M0n0Wall just to a few of the advanced features the
firewall has in it.  For now M0n0Wall is winning that battle.

I have learned quite a bit from all my research, and FREENAS has a feature
that we need to build in.  They are adding LCD support.  That would give use
ciritical status on the display that we could use.  I hope we will add that
feature into M0n0Wall soon.

Any Comments?
RC