[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "David Burgess" <apt dot get at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] 'session in wrong state' message
 Date:  Tue, 10 Apr 2007 12:01:43 -0600
On 4/10/07, Fabrizio Lippolis <flippolis at yahoo dot com> wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> I have just upgraded to 1.231, at boot I have remarked the following
> messages:
>
> Starting traffic shaper... ipfw2 initialized, divert disabled, rule-based
> forwad
> DUMMYNET initialized (011031)
> session in wrong state
> session in wrong state
> session in wrong state
> done
>
> Do I have to get worried about these messages? I remarked them only because
> I have upgraded, I don't know if they were before too. Everything seems to
> work fine anyway.
>
> Regards,
> Fabrizio

Looks potentially serious. Apparently it has something to do with
pppoe and could cause packet loss.

http://www.google.ca/search?q=%22session+in+wrong+state%22+freebsd&start=0&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:unofficial

http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-replies-archive.cfm/420816.html

db