[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Chris Buechler" <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Please send me firewall rules most used
 Date:  Sat, 14 Apr 2007 14:23:43 -0400
On 4/14/07, XXX xxx xxx XXX xxx <secure dot boy at hotmail dot com> wrote:
> i'm new with m0n0
> plsease send me most used rules

Like Lee said, even if we did know what the "most used rules" are, for
one you probably wouldn't want to use them because probably the #1
most used rule is a default allow egress, and secondly they may or may
not apply to your environment.

Start with dropping everything, then permit specifically what you'll
need, and you'll have the ideal ruleset for your environment. Don't
mind what others are doing.

-Chris