[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Joe Lagreca" <lagreca at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Traffic shaper limits?
 Date:  Mon, 16 Apr 2007 18:34:15 -0700
I am running the latest stable m0n0wall on a Nokia IP110.

Before I turn magic shaper on, I can consistently get 10112kb/s down
and 556kb/s up.  However when I turn the magic shaper on my speed
drops to 7970kb/s down and 478kb/s up.

I have the magic shaper downstream speed set to 12000kbps and 768kbps
up.  When I run the speed test with the traffic shaper turned on, my
CPU usage goes to 70%, so it doesnt appear that I am being limited by
CPU speed.

I am using speedtest.net and they seem quite consistent.

Am I doing something wrong, or is this just how the traffic shaper is
supposed to work?