[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Gray Burn <datashepherd at yahoo dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Captive Portal doesn't redirect after a successful authentication
 Date:  Tue, 17 Apr 2007 09:51:20 -0700 (PDT)
v.13b2 (and 1.231)
  What I've done:

1) tried using (uploaded) 3 different html files, including the example right on the CP config page
itself

2) uploaded an error page

3) created users "x" and "y" with pwords "x" and "y" respectively,  right from the monowall user
page.

What happens:

1) it opens any of the above authentication pages, as uploaded, and waits for my credentials

2) I enter "x" and "x" or "y" and "y" per above users and p-words.

3)
    a) if I enter incorrectly, I DO get the error page;  good.

    b) if I enter correctly, I get challenged again, each time I do.  In other words: it doesn't
show the error page but keeps me at the authentication page even though the credentials are correct.

  Don't know if it's helpful, but here's the redir url and the page code:

  CODE:<form method="post" action="$PORTAL_ACTION$">
   <input name="auth_user" type="text">
   <input name="auth_pass" type="password">
   <input name="redirurl" type="hidden" value="$PORTAL_REDIRURL$">
   <input name="accept" type="submit" value="Continue">
</form>

A little help?

Much appreciated.

 Check outnew cars at Yahoo! Autos.