[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris May <dwabraxus at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Captive Portal doesn't redirect after a successful authentication
 Date:  Tue, 17 Apr 2007 10:19:18 -0700
Gray Burn wrote:
>     v.13b2 (and 1.231)
>   What I've done:
>
> 1) tried using (uploaded) 3 different html files, including the example right on the CP config
page itself

> 2) uploaded an error page
>
> 3) created users "x" and "y" with pwords "x" and "y" respectively,  right from the monowall user
page.

> What happens:
>
> 1) it opens any of the above authentication pages, as uploaded, and waits for my credentials
>
> 2) I enter "x" and "x" or "y" and "y" per above users and p-words.
>
> 3)
>     a) if I enter incorrectly, I DO get the error page;  good.
>
>     b) if I enter correctly, I get challenged again, each time I do.  In other words: it doesn't
show the error page but keeps me at the authentication page even though the credentials are correct.

>   Don't know if it's helpful, but here's the redir url and the page code:

>   CODE:<form method="post" action="$PORTAL_ACTION$">
>    <input name="auth_user" type="text">
>    <input name="auth_pass" type="password">
>    <input name="redirurl" type="hidden" value="$PORTAL_REDIRURL$">
>    <input name="accept" type="submit" value="Continue">
> </form>
>

> A little help?
>
> Much appreciated.

>  Check outnew cars at Yahoo! Autos.

I had the same issue. For me it really did authenticate and even though
it brought me back to the authentication page, I could now browse away
from that page. Try setting a different redirect URL. Thats what I did.
It worked for me.

Good Luck