[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Chris Buechler" <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Re: NIC's compatable with m0n0wall
 Date:  Wed, 11 Apr 2007 13:49:13 -0400
On 4/11/07, Marc Smuts <marc at dynatronics dot co dot za> wrote:

> I have been using M0n0wall with great success over the last year, however where can i find > a
list of NIC's that are supported by M0n0wall,

For 1.2:
http://doc.m0n0.ch/handbook/hardware-ethernet.html

For 1.3:
http://www.freebsd.org/releases/6.2R/hardware-i386.html#ETHERNET

>and if my NIC that i intend to use is not there, how can i edit the
image to load the correct > drivers?

Every NIC supported by FreeBSD is included, and that includes, for
Ethernet NIC's, essentially every card ever built. Some brand new
cheap gig cards may not be supported yet, and some gig cards may only
be supported on 1.3. If you happen to have some odd card that isn't
supported in either version, which is highly unlikely, you can't add
drivers because there aren't any you can add.

-Chris