[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Bill Cavalieri <bill at lumensoftware dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  SOAP interface
 Date:  Wed, 18 Apr 2007 21:25:11 -0500 (CDT)
I've been kicking around the idea of being able to add and remove firewall rules from external
sources.  If I see a high number of failed logins on one of my public facing applications, it would
be nice to just block the ip from my entire network for a few minutes, then remove the rule.

Any way to do this currently?  If not, I've done work with nusoap in php4 and the built-in soap
support in php5.

For security I was thinking of adding a menu item where you define the host that can connect via
soap, and a token that needs to be sent with the soap command.

Would this be something other people are interested in?

Thanks,

-Bill