[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Lonnie Abelbeck <lists at lonnie dot abelbeck dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall List <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] net4801 routing performance
 Date:  Thu, 26 Apr 2007 16:24:36 -0500
Chris,

You might also consider a stock net4801 (3 NIC''s) with an HP
Procurve 1800-8G with the opt1 (third) interface configured as a VLAN
tagged port to the Procurve.  Configure the Procurve accordingly to
the untagged interfaces.

My hunch is this approach would be more efficient than a add-on card,
but I have no data to support that.

Anyone here conduct such a test?

Lonnie