[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Daniele Guazzoni" <daniele dot guazzoni at gcomm dot ch>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Can i use this kind of hardware
 Date:  Fri, 27 Apr 2007 15:16:45 +0200 (CEST)
XXX xxx xxx XXX xxx wrote:
> I have one old PC with 233MHz (512KB L2) 64MB RAM and only one open PCI
> slot
> i have a card intel Pro 100 nic can i use this card with Linksys SRW208
> (managed switch)
> and in m0n0 i want to have 1WAN,1LAN,1opt etc
> Can i do this tagging???

Yes you can (technically seen) run in tagged-only mode on a single port.
Logically seen is not the best idea as your incoming and outgoing frames
will go over the same port (and PHY logic) and therefore don't expect big
performance.
You rather look for a dual port NIC.

Daniele

dangerous content by MailGate, and is