[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Christopher M. Iarocci" <iarocci at eastendsc dot com>
 To:  krt <kkrrtt at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  XXX xxx xxx XXX xxx <secure dot boy at hotmail dot com>, m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Can i use this kind of hardware
 Date:  Sat, 28 Apr 2007 10:56:25 -0400
So you're saying you can have a m0n0wall with only a single NIC that can
route traffic for you?  1 single NIC can be WAN and LAN and OPT1, etc?
Why?  If you can do this with m0n0wall, you should not be able to
because 802.11Q is not secure enough to separate the traffic.  It
defeats having a firewall.

I seem to remember in the past people not being able to connect to the
LAN interface of the m0n0 because they didn't have 2 physical NICs in
the machine.  Maybe that has changed in newer versions?

Chris