[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Michael Brown <knightmb at knightmb dot dyndns dot org>
 To:  Monowall Support List <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Question about 1.23
 Date:  Sat, 05 May 2007 20:09:41 -0500
The higher the encryption, the more bandwidth it will take (and CPU) to
process the packets. What are the specs of the server right now? Have
you watched the CPU graph while all the clients are connected to see if
it's maxed out for some reason? What encryption level (40 bit, 128 bit,
etc) were you using before? Any QoS affecting things in this network setup?

There are a lot of variables in this setup, hard to say exactly what the
issue may be.

Thanks,
Michael