[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Aaron Cherman" <aaronc at morad dot ab dot ca>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Captive Portal While Service Unavailable
 Date:  Sun, 6 May 2007 16:12:24 -0600
Hey everyone, we run a WiSP behind our main m0n0wall.  When our fiber provider has issues (like for
12 hours this morning) we can get hundreds of calls about service being unavailable.  Since I have
never used the Captive Portal I thought I would ask if it is possible to turn it on (manually) when
our service goes down and have a page that lets everyone know what's going on.

Looking at the Captive Portal page it asks for the Interface to run it on.  I use a different VLAN
for each POP that we have (14 in total right now) so I'm not sure where to go from there.  I'm not
looking to do any authentication as I can manually disable the Captive Portal once our service is
restored.  I guess what I need to know is if I can redirect all port 80 traffic (on all VLANs) to
the Captive Portal page.  Or, is there a better way someone knows to do this.  We use this m0n0wall
as our primary DNS server.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Aaron