[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Christopher M. Iarocci" <iarocci at eastendsc dot com>
 To:  "James W. McKeand" <james at mckeand dot biz>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] PPTP with W2K3 IAS as radius server
 Date:  Tue, 08 May 2007 23:20:13 -0400
James W. McKeand wrote:
> Christopher M. Iarocci wrote:
>
>> Anyone get this to work?  I followed Michael Idema's directions to the
>> letter and I always get this error:
>>
>> RADIUS: RadiusSendRequest: rad_send_request failed No valid RADIUS
>>
>> The log of the radius server shows nothing at all.  If I forward the
>> PPTP requests to the W2K3 server I get in fine.  If I simply try and
>> use it as the radius, nothing.  Does PPTP with radius authentication
>> work in
>> 1.3b2?
>>

> I have had mixed success with PPTP on m0n0wall with MS IAS for
> authentication in the stable version. I have a couple of clients with
> W2K networks and they work fine. My SBS2K3 works, but my wife's office
> with SBS2K3 does not (I had to forward PPTP requests to the SBS). I also
> followed Michael's method in all locations.
>
> I would make sure the IAS and m0n0wall are on the same subnet. Double
> check the IP's and Shared Secret (fat fingers do horrible things).
>
> _________________________________
> James W. McKeand

James,

Thanks for the input.  My IAS server and m0n0wall are on the same
subnet, and I've retyped the shared secret a million times (maybe a
slight exaggeration).  What gets me is there are absolutely NO log
entries in IAS when trying to go through m0n0wall, but when I connect
directly all works fine, including logs.  I would think IAS would log
SOMETHING if there are connection attempts to it from m0n0.  I am using
1.3B2.  I'm thinking I should report it in the bug section of the forum.

Chris