[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Cameron Showalter <cameron at gwschool dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  ip110 not booting with compact flash
 Date:  Thu, 10 May 2007 12:54:25 -0700
I think I may have a faulty CF to IDE socket that I just purchased to
convert a nokia IP110 from IDE to compact flash.   but I wanted to be
sure before I request a return.    the IP110 works fine with the IBM
harddrive, I was able to put m0n0 on it, and it boots just fine with
that.  but when I try a 128mb compact flash card in a CFDISK.2G with the
identical generic-pc image, the unit does not boot.   I tried connecting
the adapter to another computer via a usb IDE to laptop IDE adapter and
that did not work either.
if this matters I tried both v1.23 and v1.0 of m0n0.  I saw that 1.2b5 -
7 would not work.

any help would be most appreciated, but I that the unit just needs to be
replaced.

tia,
Cameron