[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Chris Buechler" <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] ip110 not booting with compact flash
 Date:  Thu, 10 May 2007 19:14:13 -0400
On 5/10/07, Cameron Showalter <cameron at gwschool dot com> wrote:
> I think I may have a faulty CF to IDE socket that I just purchased to
> convert a nokia IP110 from IDE to compact flash.   but I wanted to be
> sure before I request a return.    the IP110 works fine with the IBM
> harddrive, I was able to put m0n0 on it, and it boots just fine with
> that.  but when I try a 128mb compact flash card in a CFDISK.2G with the
> identical generic-pc image, the unit does not boot.

There are issues with getting those things to boot off CF. It's either
specific to particular units, or specific CF adapters. I never could
get mine booting off CF with a SFF IDE to CF adapter, but I know
others have had success doing it exactly the same way. Maybe someone
who has gotten one working can tell you exactly which CF adapter they
used, and you can try the same one.

-Chris