[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Lee Sharp <leesharp at hal dash pc dot org>
 To:  m0n0wall <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] MAC pass through on Captive Portal
 Date:  Sat, 12 May 2007 11:09:28 -0500
Richard StClair wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is there a limit on how many MAC's you can put in the MAC pass through
> on Captive Portal?
>
> Also is there a limit on how many user can be in the local
> authentication base?

I have not found a hard limit, however...  As it gets big, the system
gets a tad slower, management becomes imposable, and entering a lot of
names is just a chore.  At a certain point, having a RADIUS database
just makes life easier.  There is no limit on RADIUS, and there are free
versions that can be added to an existing server with little impact.

			Lee