[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Chris Buechler" <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Writing CF cards under Vista
 Date:  Sun, 13 May 2007 20:33:34 -0400
On 5/13/07, Chris Bagnall <lists at minotaur dot cc> wrote:
> Greetings list,
>
> Has anyone tried using physdiskwrite under Vista? I've just tested 0.5.1 (with various
compatibility modes) and each time it dies after claiming to have written 16384 bytes (which don't
appear to have been written).

> Is this a known issue, and if so, any workarounds people can suggest? ("use a different OS"
doesn't count ;-) )

Been using it for about 6 months now, since RTM was made available to
volume licensing customers last November. Probably written cards 30-40
times, and never had an issue. Heck, physdiskwrite is one of the few
things that *hasn't* given me issues on Vista...  :p

Just have to make sure you use a cmd running with admin privs,
specific instructions for which I wrote about 6 months ago and were
added to the physdiskwrite page on m0n0.ch. Though it doesn't find any
disks if you don't, so that doesn't sound like the issue.

-Chris