[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Chris Bagnall" <lists at minotaur dot cc>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] MULTIPLE VOIP ACCOUNT with same VOIP Provider (ITSP)
 Date:  Mon, 14 May 2007 16:27:33 +0100
> NOT WORKING
> 192.168.5.56 ATA
> 192.168.5.57 NOKIA
> NOT WORKING
> 10.10.10.199 ATA
> 10.10.10.198 NOKIA

Assuming your VoIP clients are running SIP, then both these configurations should work fine.
Provided the client has decent NAT support (i.e. STUN or regular keepalives, and the SIP endpoint
(proxy/registrar) is capable of ignoring the IP and port the device claims to come from and uses the
IP and port it *really* came from, both configs should work fine.

We have plenty of sites with 8 or 9 SIP devices (mix of hardphones and softphones) behind NAT with
m0n0 talking to asterisk servers without any special settings or port forwards at all. Just set the
registration timeout to something reasonably short such as 5 minutes, and make sure the device is
doing a keepalive every 5-15 seconds.

Regards,

Chris
For full contact details visit http://www.minotaur.it/chris.html