[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Jeff Buehler <jeff at buehlertech dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Mystical open port 80...can't block
 Date:  Tue, 22 May 2007 08:25:49 -0700
A given port should be blocked by default, assuming you don't have
another rule that overrides that, so explicitly blocking it shouldn't be
necessary.  The rules that come first should be overridden by rules that
come after, so if you block it somewhere and then proceed to unblock it
later, my understanding is that it will be unblocked - in other words
make certain your rules are ordered correctly.

Lastly, I have found rebooting m0n0wall always corrects any "anomalous"
behavior that I occasionally run into.  It shouldn't be necessary, but I
have had m0n0walls continue to block all access after I have entered
unblocking rules that only behaved properly after a reboot.

You may find it simpler to check your port status locally instead of
having to wait until you are back at work - you can use a web based tool
(there are a number out there) - of course another non-related line
available locally is even better.

I hope something there helps...

Jeff