[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Mats Lundqvist" <mats dot lundqvist at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  XP PPTP client problem, Error 732
 Date:  Thu, 24 May 2007 15:34:46 +0200
Hi

I'm having problems using the default xp client on some workstations.

I've put up a m0n0wall 1.231 and configured the pptp server and the
firewall. And I've tested it from a TS session from our TS-server.

But when I try to connect from any of our workstations at work, the
client says "Error: 732 The client could not agree with the server on
what PPP protocols to use"...

That's a rough translation though (from swedish).

I have that problem on all the workstations at work, but those same
workstations have no problems connecting to a windows2k3 pptp server.

However, the connection works from our Terminal Server (win2k3).

I've tried going in under "Security->Advanced" and manually select all
the available protocols (just for testing purposes). PAP, CHAP,
MS-CHAPv1 (and v2).

But nothing works.

It feels like a windows problem, but since I've not seen anything on
this mailing list about it, I thought I'd at least ask if someone
encountered something similar?

--
Cheers!
Mats Lundqvist