[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Serge van Ginderachter <serge at vanginderachter dot be>
 To:  m0n0wall List <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  setup on CV860A mobo (NEO fanless ) with secundary ide CF card
 Date:  Fri, 25 May 2007 21:39:09 +0200
Dear list,

 http://forum.m0n0.ch/index.php/topic,545.0.html

Hardware= http://www.lex.com.tw:8080/product/CV860A.htm with 128mb ram
and a 256mb CF
The CF is connected as secondary master (no choice for primary possible)

When I boot 1.23, kernel boots fine, until /conf needs to get mounted.
The system gives at the end:
- hard error reading fsbn status error ...
- NO errors about PIO.... I tried disabling UDMA, but NOK
- message about the CF that gets detected (which would mean it is (tried
to be) mounted?)
- kernel.panic 1 -> 0
- error about config.xml that cannot be opened

I also tested with 2 different CF's, and with older images (which I knew
ran fine about 1.5 years ago on the same hardware (not sure if it has
more recent chipsets now).

I read a lot of posts about monOwall not being able to boot from ad2
(primary master), but looking at the code, I see at least  1.23 probes
all drives for a conf file, so I tend to rule out that problem.

I'm not very familiar with BSD, but my last hunch is about the chipsets
being more recent than 1.23 can handle.

I finally tried 1.3b2, which boots fine.

Finally, my question: am I right about it being a hardware/driver
support problem, or might there exist another workaround?

1.3b2 boots, but this system needs to go in production soon, so I'd
rather avoid using that if possible.

Thanks for your support,

        Serge

--
Serge van Ginderachter          http://www.vanginderachter.be/

The problem with quick and dirty is that dirty remains long after quick
is forgotten.