[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "James W. McKeand" <james at mckeand dot biz>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] PPTP with W2K3 IAS as radius server
 Date:  Tue, 8 May 2007 09:10:55 -0500
Christopher M. Iarocci wrote:
> Anyone get this to work?  I followed Michael Idema's directions to the
> letter and I always get this error:
>
> RADIUS: RadiusSendRequest: rad_send_request failed No valid RADIUS
>
> The log of the radius server shows nothing at all.  If I forward the
> PPTP requests to the W2K3 server I get in fine.  If I simply try and
> use it as the radius, nothing.  Does PPTP with radius authentication
> work in
> 1.3b2?

I have had mixed success with PPTP on m0n0wall with MS IAS for
authentication in the stable version. I have a couple of clients with
W2K networks and they work fine. My SBS2K3 works, but my wife's office
with SBS2K3 does not (I had to forward PPTP requests to the SBS). I also
followed Michael's method in all locations.

I would make sure the IAS and m0n0wall are on the same subnet. Double
check the IP's and Shared Secret (fat fingers do horrible things).

James W. McKeand