[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Jim Thompson <jim at netgate dot com>
 To:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Prebuilt Hardware for m0n0wall
 Date:  Sat, 26 May 2007 12:10:55 -1000
back to the subject of pre-built hardware for m0n0wall (and pfSense).

We started looking at the problem back last year when the AMD CPU part
used on WRAP went EOL.  Our focus is still on ixp42x, and, given this,
we sponsored the port of FreeBSD to this part, as well as the gateworks
boards.  (We recently demoed FreeBSD 6.2 running on the gateworks boards
in Gateworks' booth at Interop.)

There is a toolchain issue that is preventing a simple port of pfSense
and m0n0wall, but I hope that this is solved quite soon.