[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Christopher M. Iarocci" <iarocci at eastendsc dot com>
 To:  Hans Mojave <root1981 at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] FTP upload problem through monowall
 Date:  Sat, 26 May 2007 21:04:15 -0400
No solution here, but thought I'd report the same exact problem with 2
separate m0n0walls.  One running 1.23 and the other running 1.3b2.  One
of mine is connected to a cable modem, the other is connected to a Cisco
router that is connected to a 10MB fiber connection.

Chris

Hans Mojave wrote:
> Hi there,

adsl2+ 16m/1m)

> When i upload many small files to an external ftp server (e.g. typo3 installation and templates
~1800files) it happens that the ftp connection is hanging. This happens round about every 200Files:

> -> File is uploading... Upload speed decreases to 0, ftp connection is hanging.
>
> i have to hard-terminate the tcp session. Reconnect and resume uploading the next ~200files with
fullspeed .

> Its not a dsl-modem, ftp-server,dsl-connection or software problem. Tested that with Dlink804hv
routers, 3 Pcs running different ftp software (windows tcp/syn connection limit was removed).

> Downloading of many small files is no problem. Also uploading through ssl tunnels for example is
stable. Uploading big files is no problem at all.