[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  John Smith <john at privateproductivity dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  [m0n0wall] Recipe for VPN
 Date:  Tue, 29 May 2007 23:13:22 -0400
Hello all,

Can anyone point me to a quick guide on setting up two or three (pc)
m0n0wall's to connect two or three offices via the Internet where there
are currently standard firewall routers at each location.  This might
also fall within the "telecommuter" type of problem/solution.

I've been following some of the traffic on this list and Googled for a
while and found a bunch of bits and pieces that require a lot of trial
and error (for me) haven't found anything quick and clean.  I suspect
the problem has already been elegantly solved and so am posing the question.

I could replace the existing routers with m0n0wall, but may be limited
to using a DMZ at one or the other location, and would need a pointer to
a hints list on defining the m0n0wall rules to ensure security
protection is maintained equal to the router that was replaced.

Thanks!
John