[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Robert Pumphrey" <rlpumphrey at 1mage dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Using Windows VPN and 1.3b2
 Date:  Wed, 30 May 2007 16:30:46 -0600
Sorry I would be what passes as the expert around here. That's not saying
much. So Let Me try to provide the need information.

> 1) What kind of VPN is it (IPsec, PPTP, L2TP, etc.)?
PPTP.

> 2) What terminates the VPN (i.e. what is the VPN server)?
On my side I'm working off a win2000 PRO workstation using the built-in
windows VPN.  At the other end its a Windows VPN server.

From what I can tell the outbound connection request is reaching the VPN
server. But it cannot connect back to My workstation.  I see in the firewall log
a line.

"WAN 192.168.A.1 192.168.B.121, type unreach/host ICMP"
The IP address 192.168.B.121 would be my workstation.

The connection times out at 60sec with an error 721.