[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Alex M" <radiussupport at lrcommunications dot net>
 To:  "Monowall Support List" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] How and Where CP passthrough IPs are cheked? (Urgent)
 Date:  Thu, 31 May 2007 18:08:07 -0400
Here we go!
Success within less then an hour :-)
I was able to make CP to allow unrestricted access to specified domains
I tested it with google and it works fine. So far I got only 2 bags: 1) this
doesn't work with SSL certificates ex: gmail 2)if page contains large number
of files that are loading from different servers this slows down the page
download ex: google video.

Everything else works fine at least for my needs. I did all of this via
modifications in CP index page. So far for concept prove it supports only
one domain name but I'm sure that could be extended to something bigger.

Anyway, if any of you are interested in making GUI and integrating this in
mono, just let me know and I post the code.

From: "Alex M" <radiussupport at lrcommunications dot net>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2007 12:31:35
To:"Monowall Support List" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>,"'Mono Dev List'"
<m0n0wall dash dev at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>

Hey all,

I'm back at mono, I need to modify CP code a bit to allow some domain names
to be accesses without authentication on Captive Portal. I know this will
never be used in release versions, but I need one for myself. Ex: to allow
users to get on all Google services I will need to enter about 100 IPs .
kinda too much work + their pool is changing all the time. So I thought to
simply hardwire some domains for my image (no interfaces, just allow some
domains and that's it)

I looked through the CP index page but it seams that IP pass-through is
handled somewhere else, can some one point me to the page that handles IP
passthrough for captive postal?

I would really appreciate that!

Thanks!