[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Peter_N=F5u?= <dkmj at nou dot com>
 To:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] 5 public IP addresses but not a regular subnet
 Date:  Fri, 01 Jun 2007 10:29:44 +0200
Chris Buechler wrote:

>> hi
>>
>> my ISP gives me 5 dynamically allocated public ip numbers, but they are
>> not given as a subnet.
>>

> By "dynamically", do you mean they must all be pulled from DHCP?
>
> -Chris

yes, they must be pulled from DHCP, and the range I get addresses from
vary a little over a /24 (I believe), but support says I can't even be
sure of that, they "reallocate address space according to need". Once I
have an address, it is fairly persistent over time if mono stays up. And
yes, I only use one of the five in my current NAT:ed setup, but the
network card on OPT1/DMZ is up, in a bridged DMZ setup I do get
addresses from DHCP there.

best,
peter