[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Claude Morin" <klodefactor at gmail dot com>
 Subject:  problem with firewall rules for bridged LAN+OPT1
 Date:  Fri, 1 Jun 2007 08:51:31 -0400
I'm setting up a bridged m0n0wall, to partition off some internal PCs from
the rest of the network while keeping the same IP addresses.  The "Enable
filtering bridge" checkbox in "System: Advanced setup" is enabled, OPT1 is
bridged to the LAN, and I have firewall rules in place:

   - on the LAN interface to control traffic into OPT1
   - on the OPT1 interface to control traffic out to anywhere

The problem I'm having is that the rules seem to be ignored.  Even if I have
rules that forbid traffic from LAN to OPT1 and vice versa, ping from one
side to the other continues to work.

Can anyone tell me where I'm going wrong?

Thanks in advance,
-klode
keywords: filtering bridge, bridging firewall