[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Richard StClair <stclair at niue dot nu>
 To:  "Steve Thomas" <sthomas at consultant dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch, "Michael Riglin" <Michael dot Riglin at shaw dot ca>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Prebuilt Hardware for m0n0wall
 Date:  Sun, 3 Jun 2007 12:14:41 -1100
Just following up on this.....This has been bugging me since you guys
were talking about it.

I know somebody who lives in San Jose about three blocks from where
Siliconkit's website says their offices are. They were away on vacation
and when they got back I asked them to go look in person to see what
they're all about.

There is a picture on Siliconkit's website of a very modern looking
*nice* office building with cars in the parking lot etc.

But an actual eyeball inspection of their address is very different.

It is a house. In a somewhat OK neighborhood. The lawn has died. There
is a car in the driveway that looks like it hasn't been driven in a
long time.

No signs of life. My friend is going to go back tomorrow and see if
they can find somebody at this HOUSE.

So I'm not sure what the deal is....but at a bare minimum, they have
misrepresented their office location/building on their website.

I mean it's perfectly OK to do mail order out of your home. Lots of
people doing it. But why lie about it?

Cheers
Rich

--