[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Hans Mojave" <root1981 at gmail dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Add monowall "tag" to syslog
 Date:  Mon, 4 Jun 2007 08:27:54 +0200
Hi there,

is there a simple way to add a monowall "tag" to the outgoing syslog messages?
I collect several devices with an own syslog application. Cause I want to know, what kind of device
is sending messages, i`ve written some filters.

For example i can filter if device is Dlink, Linksys, Netgear...

These messages are relative simple. Monowall messages are much more informative and so more
difficult to parse.

I can not identify the device by IP, cause many devices can have the same Wan IP :(

Is there a simple way to add a tag, or the devicename itself...?

Best regards
Hans