[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Gazza" <gazzazdaman at gmail dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Remote access
 Date:  Sat, 9 Jun 2007 11:00:20 +0200
HI there

I would like to access my M0n0wall machine (at home) from work. I have read
the FAQ specifically this
<http://doc.m0n0.ch/handbook/faq-webGUI-from-WAN.html> page. My "problem" is
that my ADSL ISP gives me a dynamic IP address, so I am not sure what to
place in as the source address.

This is what I have thought I could do. I have an active DynDNS account. If
I make a rule on my ADSL router to forward https (port 443) to my M0n0walls
WAN address I should be able to access the server, but like I said before, I
don't know what to place as the source address. I thought that I could set
it to "WAN" but that would mean that anyone could access it. Also, to get
this to work, do I need to configure anything else.

Regards

Gareth