[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Chris Buechler" <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] How many sessions can a monowall wrap-board handle ?
 Date:  Mon, 11 Jun 2007 15:38:08 -0400
On 6/11/07, Mielke Matthias <m dot mielke at dkfz dash heidelberg dot de> wrote:

> Hello,
>

> i have a question: How many sessions can a monowall wrap board with 266
> MHz handle ?
>
> We need 60 sessions with good bandwith: I know, that with 100 MBit in
> total it will be only 1 Mbit per session max. !
>

> Has anybody experience with such load on a wrap-board ?

A WRAP is going to max out at around 45 Mb with m0n0 1.2. With 1.3,
planning hardware sizing for future releases, it'll be around 30 Mb.
If you need 100 Mb wire speed you need something faster. The alix
board (WRAP replacement) should be able to push 100 Mb wire speed when
it's available (which is probably a few months down the road).

-Chris