[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "The Opera House Internet Cafe" <theohic at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  CP Redirects very slow in 1.231
 Date:  Sat, 16 Jun 2007 14:05:20 -0400
after switching from 1.22 to 1.231 I had noticed a problem with redriects
from the Captive Portal login page,  Our customers would enter in their
login info,  and the CP Login page would sit there for 10-60 seconds,   the
status bar in IE or Firefox would say "Waiting for 192.168.0.5" (our mono
server).  after 10-60 secodns,  the page would redirect and they could go on
about their business.

after much tinkering/trial/error/coffee  i realised that the CP was
authenticating me immediately,   if i clicked the submit button then
switched to a command line,  i could ping out.  so it was ddefinately the
$PORTAL_REDIRURL$

My boss,  being much less computer literate,  and thus able to immediately
see the problem,  said "Try going back to 1.22"  so i did, and lo  and
behold,  the problem doesn't happen.    it does happen in 1.23 and 1.231.

Anyone have any ideas about why this would happen? and if there is a
solution (other than sticking with 1.22)

Thanks