[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Chris Buechler" <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] net4501 webgui speed
 Date:  Sun, 17 Jun 2007 15:32:12 -0400
On 6/17/07, Albert Lash <albert dot lash at gmail dot com> wrote:
> My net4501 webgui speed is really slow, can take anywhere from one to 3
> minutes for a page to update. Also, while the cpu is normally around 10%, it
> spikes to 100% when a web request is made, and stays there until it is
> completed.
>
> Is this normal? Anything I can do about it?

If it's truly 1-3 minutes, something is not right. If it's 20-30
seconds, maybe a minute for some of the rules pages if you have a
bunch of rules, that sounds about right.  A 4501 is a 486 proc, it's a
SLOW box. But it's not *that* slow. I've never heard of any problems
that drastically slowed down the webGUI in the past several years here
though. Maybe compare with a reset to defaults. Use Firefox with
Fasterfox to time the actual page loads, I've learned from experience
that reports of 1-3 minutes can sometimes be more like 20-30 seconds
when actually timed.

-Chris