[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Gazza" <gazzazdaman at gmail dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Block all outgoing traffic, only allow certain
 Date:  Wed, 20 Jun 2007 16:36:46 +0200
Hi there

I have reinstalled M0n0 after stuffing it up by messing around. I now have a
default installation. I would like to block all outgoing traffic (on the LAN
card I assume), and only allow certain things.

Would I change the default LAN rule that passes everything to block/reject
and then create LAN rules for each port that I would like my LAN to allow
out. I have tried doing this, but getting pretty confused with the various
options.

Lets say for example I want ALL my pc's on my LAN to access ONLY the
internet I would create the rule as above and place it at the bottom of the
list. Then, (and this is where I get confused) what must I do to allow what
I want to achieve? Please, be very specific.

I assume that I would apply the same rule for allowing email (port 25 and
110), https (port 443) for secure transfers like online banking, etc.

Sorry, another question, how would this effect Windows automatic updates as
I don't now what port it uses?

Appreciate the help

Gareth