[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Christopher M. Iarocci" <iarocci at eastendsc dot com>
 To:  Lee Sharp <leesharp at hal dash pc dot org>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Please help newbie
 Date:  Sun, 24 Jun 2007 13:00:42 -0400
Lee Sharp wrote:
> Gold Dragon wrote:
>> Dear All,
>>
>> My name is rendra. I managed to install the monowall on my pc
>> harddrive, and
>> assigned IP 192.168.1.2 to the sis0 or LAN interface. But I cannot
>> get into
>> the monowall web interface nor ping the monowall machine. I checked
>> the LAN
>> card both are OK and detected by monowall. But I only connect the LAN
>> interface and leave the WAN interface disconnected, but it should not
>> be a
>> problem right?
>
> sis0 is the default setting.  Is your network card actually a sis
> network card?  Have you tried the auto detect setting?
>
>             Lee
That machine sounds kind of new.  Possibly you have GB network cards
that aren't recognized by the version you are trying.  Download the
1.3B2 version and see if that works.  I had this same problem due to the
availability of NIC cards at a local store all being GB cards, I had to
use 1.3B2 in order for m0n0 to recognize them because the drivers in
1.2X are older.

Chris