[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  krt <kkrrtt at gmail dot com>
 To:  rbasuki at gdincorporation dot com
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch, 'Lee Sharp' <leesharp at hal dash pc dot org>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Please help newbie
 Date:  Sun, 24 Jun 2007 16:48:23 -0700
intel are fx, so your interface names will be fx0, etc.

I believe your realtek will be an rl interface, i.e. rl0, etc.

Sounds like Lee had this one pinned - you need to assign which NIC will
fullfill which role - WAN, LAN, Optional, etc. - m0n0wall doesn't
presume anything about NIC role for installation.  (This is common
behavior and expected, albeit it a little confusing)

The auto-detect works well.